Ask & Answer

Hello. I'm Lee. How can I help you today?

I entered Vietnam in February 2012, started a company and invested in land and 2 houses. I have a residence card that expires 20/3-2015, and a passport that expires 11/10-2015. I will visit my home country in May/June and geta new passport. To the problem: I can not get a new residence card because my passport expires within 1 year. From 010115 you must have a work permit to get it, and that means you need new criminal records etc. Do you have any suggestions how I should solve this? Visa 3 months and then when I come back I can´t change my tourist visa to a residence card because of the new rules....I´m the director of my company and before I didn´t need any work permit for the residence card. Did someone forget about us that already was here?

Asked by Tony Madsen, 9 years ago

Dear Mr. Tony,

Thank you for your question!


From January 2015, for those want to get Temporary Residence Card will need business lience or working permit + guarantee of company they working.(you don't need give the criminal records because this is a job of Vietnam Ministry of Public Security & Interpol)

At current you have advantages to get TRC: own a business in Vietnam & have TRC before. So now you renew this TRC easily. You only have to extend the valid of your passport.

If you need more info or support, please feel free contact

Have a nice day!

Written by Vietnam Visa Support, 9 years ago

» View All Questions