Some useful information about objects and procedures to be granted a new permanent residence card for foreigners in Vietnam are listed in below:
>> How to get Vietnam Permanent Residence Card For The Foreigner? (Part 2)
>> Guidelines for foreigners to get Vietnamese temporary residence card
A specimen of Permanent Residence Card
A. Who will be granted Vietnamese permanent residence card?
The foreigners who have temporary residence cards in below cases will be considered and granted permanent residence card (following the C item, 1st section and 13th of ordinance on entry, exit and residence for foreigner in Vietnam on 28th April 2000):
- - Foreigners who are parents, spouse or children of Vietnamese living permanent in Vietnam.
- - Foreigners had lived in Vietnam before 1975 having Vietnamese nationality or none and born children in Vietnam.
- - Cambodian have lived since from 1975 to 1979 and born children in Vietnam.
B. Procedures for granting new permanent residence card for foreigners who are parents, spouse or children of Vietnamese living permanent in Vietnam
The applicant should prepare the below records:
- - Application for permanent residence status (N9A);
- - 4 new photos with size 3x4 cm, white background, directly facing, bare head, no colored glasses;
- - Certified biography by valid officer in his or her nationality or in country he or she is permanent residence;
- - Diplomatic note of valid officer from his or her nationality requests Vietnam to accept he or she becoming permanent residence( including order of Vietnam diplomatic mission);
- - Guarantee form from foreigners who are Vietnamese permanent residence (N10 form) which is certified by Ward or Commune people’s committee including the guarantee’s ID duplicate and household registration. For each case, sponsor and guarantee must present valid house owner certificate or valid finance to support stable life for guarantee;
- - An ID copy of parents, spouse or children’s Vietnamese who are permanent residence;
- - Other relevant documents (if any);
The documents stated in this record must be translated to Vietnamese (except guarantee form and passport) and be certified or legalized following Vietnam law.
C. Releasing result time:
Entry, exit and residence administration will consider and decide in a period of 4 months from receiving complete valid record. Which case is in necessary to clarify additional verification, considered time will be extended but not more than 2 months.
Have a nice day!
Vietnam Immigration.Org.Vn Team