Granted Vietnamese citizenship needs of the foreigner increase more and more. So, Vietnam Nationality Law and 78/2009 decree stipulate for applying Vietnamese nationality for foreigners. Vietnam is one of the nation has the regulation that only accepted one nationality for those who want to apply Vietnamese citizenship. This means that the foreigners who need Vietnam nationality must renounce their existing citizenship.
I. THE CONDITIONS TO GRANTED VIETNAMESE CITIZENSHIP
Foreign citizens who permanently residing in Vietnam are granted permanent residence card. They can acquire Vietnam nationality, if meet the following conditions :
- - Have full civilization action about full capacity as the regulations of Vietnam law.
- - Obey the Vietnamese constitution and laws; respect the traditions, customs and habits of Vietnames ethnic.
- - Know Vietnamese enough to integrate into Vietnamese community.
- - Having resided in VN from 5 years up to the time of application for Vietnam naturalization .
- - Having the ability to ensure life in Vietnam.
- - Must renounce foreign nationality.
- - Must Have Vietnamese names, and clearly stated in the decision of citizenship application.
The application for citizenship'll be NOT approved, if the Vietnam Goverment said that it is detrimental to the national benefit of Vietnam.
II. SOME EXEMPTION FROM THE ABOVE CONDITIONS (3, 4, 5):
- As a spouse, father, mother or child of VN citizen .
- There are merits special contribution to the cause of building and defending the country VN .
- There are benefits to the State VN .
In addition, 1 in 3 of those cases can be free of conditions ( 6 ) - about the only foreign nationality - if it is allowed by the President. This mean that Vietnam can accepts multiple citizenship in special cases.
Source: from Vietnam Immigration Dept.
NEXT ARTICLE: The Documents Need Preparing To Acquire Vietnamese Nationality.
Have a nice day!