In recently, there're many questions of foreigners asking Vietnam Immigration.Org.Vn about the changes of New Immigration Law, how its changes effect and which department of Vietnam Government they can contact for solving their problems. In this article, Vietnam-Immigration.Org.Vn summarise the most interested information in recently:
Foreigner at Vietnam Immigration Counter To Get Visa Stamp
1. Issue Five Year Visa and Resident Cards for Foreign Investors:
- In the past, foreign investor only obtain limits 1 year visa and 3 year resident card.
2. A Type Of Visa will NOT able to be changed after applicants entered Vietnam:
- It means that For someone entering Vietnam with a tourist visa (symbol is DL) may not be able to convert it to a working visa (symbol is LD) in country.
3. Type of Visa is changed of symbol:
From 10 main types (A, B, C, D…) to 20 types (DH, DL, LD,etc.) which specified more clear for purpose visiting. For example:
- DL instead of C1 is granted for tourist purposes.
- LD instead of B3 is granted for business purposes.
4. Extend 3 month visa term offered to overseas Vietnamese to 6 months: this is better for visiting relatives in Vietnam.
5. Foreign citizen visiting economic zone along the border and special administration & economic zones will NO need visa when visit Vietnam.
6. People from the countries have Vietnam Visa Exemption can visit Vietnam unlimited number of times but limited period from the previous exit to the next entry time:
It means that the citizens from these country can only visit Vietnam with FREE VISA at least 30 days after their preceding visit. If they want to enter Vietnam sooner, they have to apply Vietnam visa.
7. Vietnamese Immigration Officers at the border gates ( for example Moc Bai, Mong Cai, Lao Cao etc. ) can issue visa for all citizens of the countries which lack of Vietnam Consular presence.
8. Minister of Public Security and this minister have authority in approving the PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD for foreign citizens.
9. The procedures for issuing TEMPORARY RESIDENT CARD have been simplified and extended the permission from 3 to 5 years.
10. From March 10 2013, foreign visitors can visit Phu Quoc Island ( Kien Giang Province) maximum 30 days without visa. However, if you need visit the other places in Vietnam, you should have apply visa. This exemption also applies for who transiting through any airport or seaport in Vietnam.
With more than 10 year experiences in consulting service on Vietnam Immigration Law, we willing to provide useful information and support the foreign citizen without any matters.
If you need any help please feel free to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a nice day!
Vietnam Immigration Team